On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 32 - Portland, OR

Today we were to be home. So much for the well laid plans. Up at 5:30 AM and checking the weather on our route home. CalTrans - severe high winds. ODOT - severe high winds. NOAA - sever high winds. Sounds like it might be windy.

At breakfast I check some of the road cams. Doesn't look so good on Highway 97. Since all routes lead to Weed, California we head there first. Rain most of the way and temperature drops to 31°. We decide 97 is out and continue on Interstate 5. On the way up to Siskiyou Summit it starts to snow. I'm not driving my Jeep. I'm not driving my AWD Ford. I'm driving FWD rental car. After some careful driving we are in Ashland.

Too much snow in the passes means we spend a night in Portland and the head home through The Dalles tomorrow. Ten plus hour drive today and I'm tired.

Had rain today. Had snow today. Had hail today. Didn't have any wind, severe or otherwise.
Posted by iPad 2 Air

No comments: