On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 25 - At Sea

Well, another great morning at sea. According to the Patter it will be 86° for the next few days. At 7:12 this morning the GPS put us at 1° 54' South, so we would be crossing the equator later today. Breakfast was in our cabin and then it was off to get decent coffee. I did manage to get yesterday's blog posting uploaded about 7:30. I think fewer users early in the morning makes a difference.

I continue to make progress stretching out my last book, finishing 476 of 1,224 pages. I've taken to mixing movies and music into my day to stay within 125 pages a day. Got through Napoleon Dynamite in two days and now about half way through Nebraska. I do have one other book "How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It", but I'm having too much fun to get into kind of stuff right now.

After coffee we headed for the Future Cruise kiosk and checked out cruises around Australia. Must be popular as some are practically sold out a year in advance. So now we have the Caribbean and Australia on our possibles list. I expect Barb to add the Mediterranean before this is all over.

Making a buck
It won't come as a surprise to anyone who has cruised that cruise ships are out to make a buck. The key to siphoning away our hard earned bucks is the Cruise Card. Its obvious use is entry into our cabin and it keeps track of us when we leave and board the ship. But beyond that there is this thing about no cash transactions on the ship. Everything is on the card. Want a designer coffee? Use the card. Want that Crown Princess t-shirt? Use the card. Want a specialty dinner? Use the card. Even a beer? Yup, use the card. No need to check your wallet and see the cash disappearing, just use the card. Of course it all comes to an end when the ship transfers all those charges from the Cruise Card to your Visa.

Life at sea III
Continuing yesterday's personal care theme we have The Celebrity Cellulite Cure, All About Eyes, Skin Care Secrets and Acupuncture Live Demonstration. Among today's Princess Picks "Trouble in Paradise - Natural Disasters of the Pacific" stands out. My Personal Pick is the Spelling Bee Challenge.

Ok, enough of the ship stuff.

At 2:48 PM we crossed the equator back to the Northern Hemisphere and have about 2,326 miles left to LA. I'm hoping over the next few days temperatures will cool, but I'll settle for less humidity in the meantime.

I'm afraid time is just about up for Barb to see dolphins. Loretta: reminds me of you and the whales! I was hoping for flying fish mostly because she doesn't believe they exist, but it looks like that won't happen either.

00°00'00.0" - Right on the Equator
______________________

Aboard the Crown Princess

000° 37' North
138° 39' West

Posted by iPad Air 2

No comments: