On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 11 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH

We are getting lazy. Didn’t get out of the hotel until 9:15 am. Stopped at the Honda dealer next door, but they couldn’t get the car in till tomorrow at 9:00 am. So the oil change will have to wait.

Next up was a drive to an IHOP for breakfast. Along the way we saw gas for $2.49, so will be stopping there tomorrow morning on the way out of town. Great breakfast of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and two pancakes with blueberries. How could we possibly need lunch? We didn’t.

Then over to Best Buy to replace the two lens caps I lost. Will I use the attachment cord to keep from doing this again? I doubt it.

Finally we made our way over to my cousin Nan’s house. Spent a lot of time looking over more old family stuff and then took a ride around the area. First stop was the cemetery where my aunt Cynthia is buried. She passed away recently just short of her 90th birthday. Then a drive through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and a walk in a small park on the Cuyahoga River. The falls, while not of any great height, are very scenic from a newly built foot bridge.

Overall a very nice area. Lots of small towns, called townships in this part of the country. But hot and humid in the summer, so scratch another possible retirement place to live. Wait…I am retired and already have a place to live. Well, doesn’t hurt to look.

Later we met up with Nan’s sister Missy and husband Tom for dinner. I hadn’t seen Missy for over 40 years, so there was a lot to catch up on with her too. And would you believe another Italian dinner? How can this happen? I tell you I will be speaking Italian before long. How does one order lobster in Italian?

Tomorrow will be a fairly short driving day to Niagara Falls. Barb is really looking forward to the “Over Niagara Falls in a barrel” ride, which I have told her is very popular and very safe. 92 miles today.

No comments: