On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Day 11 - Around Port Ludlow, Washington

Well, the day started out great. Good night’s sleep and up at 7:05. Sally worked her magic again and came up with an amazing breakfast of bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, onion and right out of the garden tomatoes. Perfect start to the day.

Later in the morning Sally, Barb and I decided to take a short walk down the street out front. With a fresh coat of chip seal, it was one nice looking road. Nice looking until I took a full-frontal fall. Multiple cuts on both hands, forearms, knees and forehead left me dazed, but wanting a glass of wine. Two young girls jogging nearby helped Sally and Barb get me to me feet while managing to refill my lungs. Back at the house a next-door nurse assisted and later after a shower and multiple band aids I was back to normal. I will be hurting for a few days, but will press on with the journey.

A late lunch of tuna casserole, a personal favorite, and wine on the deck with Steve made everything right.

Later Steve and Sally’s future neighbors came for dinner, which was, of course, another of Sally’s great meals. Salmon, roasted potatoes and tiramisu all accompanied by a nice selection of wines.

All in all, except for my unplanned visit with the pavement, it was a great day. Always fun to get together with our friends and catchup on our lives.

Tomorrow another day in Port Ludlow.

1990.0 miles so far

No comments: