On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 12 - Olathe, KS

Yes, another day without driving!

After a late breakfast and a lot of talking we headed for Independence, MO and the Truman Library. Another uneventful drive, except for trying to program the GPS on the fly.

I will say the Truman Library runs a close second to the Reagan Library in California. We spent several hours there and I would need several more to feel that I had given it a good look. We started with a forty-five minute video, which told us a lot more about Truman than any of us ever knew. For example, we didn't know he never went to college. And that he failed in one business after another. Mining, oil and a joint-venture haberdashery in Kansas City never paid off. Following along with him from local politics to president on his own was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.

Dinner at Cracker Barrel was as good as ever.

Barb just reminded me I have to tell you about her toe. A few days before we left she took a little spill and hurt a toe on her right foot. It quickly became black and blue, swollen and painful. When I suggested urgent care she said it would be ok with ice. After no improvement for over two weeks she finally went to urgent care in Olathe. Broken toe. She is now wearing a rather unattractive shoe. She said next time she will listen to me. I have my doubts.

Posted from my iPad2

Harry S. Truman

No comments: