On The Road Again

Travel along with us to......wherever


Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Day 13 - Henderson, Nevada to Home

It appears The Good, The Bad and The Ugly weren't through with us. You may remember I mentioned yesterday that Barb's dinner wasn't quite up to snuff. Well, during the night said dinner took its toll on her. One very sick Barbara. With time she managed to fight the dinner to a standstill and by mid-morning a draw was agreed upon.

My own troubles began about 1:30 am, when I lost contact with the mattress and ended up on the floor. Not just any floor mind you. This was a very solid first floor concrete floor, with very little in the way of carpet. I estimate between two and three sheets of paper between me and the concrete. Anyway, I landed on mostly on my head, shoulder and knee, all on the left side. Recovery was hindered by a small distance (18 inches max) between bed and wall. Barb was there in a flash and soon I was sitting on the bed, repeating "I want to go home." And we would have if it hadn't been O Dark Thirty. Neither of us were comfortable the rest of the night and so were up at 5:00 and driving away by 5:30. Once again Ron provided a breakfast sandwich and before long we were on our way home.

Not much traffic that time of the morning and soon we were on the new Interstate 11, which still took us over Hoover Dam but without having to go downtown Boulder City. That's a big plus. The next 204 miles were on US 93, taking us to Kingman, Arizona followed by Wickenburg, Arizona. I got to tell you that except for a brief moment in Kingman, this is one very lonely drive. The only challenge along the way is to see which of us will spot the first Saguaro cactus.

At Wickenburg we took US 60 to Surprise, Arizona and 16 miles later we were home.

No comments: